Gobbledygook

Monday, March 13, 2006

Dyslexia For Cure Found

I believe I'm coming down with dyslexia. Is that something you can pick up? Is it a commutable disease? Can you get it from a public toilet seat? What's wrong with the world? It's backwards. Out of order. Broken. Upside down. Is it me? Or is it them? It's them, right?

I hear girls on the trains calling each other "son".

Chick 1: "What up son?"
Chick 2: "Chillin' ma nigga!"

Dude on the same train was wearing pink Timberlands talking on a pink cell phone.

The basketball courts these kids have today are evenly paved, no cracks. All rims are the same height WITH nets and there's nobody on the courts. The courts we played on as kids had cracks; one rim smaller than the other. God forbid you lost because then we had to wait hooouuurrrrsssss for next. Saying "I got next" would sometimes translate into I'll be back tomorrow.

When we were younger, yeah there were fat kids, but they stood out because that wasn't the norm. Nowadays there are gangs of fat kids. I ask my kids how gym is and they always seem to say "we didn't have gym today. We have gym on Thursdays." Didn't we have gym, if not everyday, like 3 or 4 times a week? Don't get me wrong. If research proved that taking away exercise in favor of, say, an extra science class was making brainiacs out of 'em that would be one thing. But now what we have is fat stupid kids. Name a fat President? Exactly. Remember when Clinton was eating one too many McDonalds cheeseburgers and was getting kinda gutty? Remember he was the butt of Saturday Night Live skits with the late Chris Farley playing him? Next thing you know every time you saw Clinton he was in a jogging suit, running to church, giving interviews on the run while clocking his 10 minute mile. No one wants a fat President. Tell that to your kid next time you see them stuffing some Twinkies in their face. "You know you'll never be elected President at the rate you're going. I had such high hopes for you." Then just walk away shaking your head. Let it sink in a little.

So after the season premiere of The Sopranos goes off Sunday night, I'm channel surfing and come upon Flava Flav's celebreality show "Flava Of Love" the season finale. Sigh...Ok, so explain to me the gist of this show again, please. They supposedly spent weeks, these girls, fighting with each other, spitting in each other's faces for what? What exactly was the grand prize? They don't get like, a million-gazillion dollars or something. I don't get it. He - Flava Flav! - is the grand prize? And these girls are alright with that? Someone get Chuck D on the line! Does Flav realize he was down with PE?!? There are no words. It's kind of ironic that he still wears the clocks around his neck 'cuz dude's stuck in a time warp. I can't tell you how pissed I was for wasting valuable minutes of my life that I'll never get back on that putrid swill. When the show goes off the logo shows it was produced by "Mindless Entertainment". Who says there's no truth in advertising? 911 ain't the only joke these days homey.

5 Comments:

Blogger claudia said...

****yay an update”””””
1.“I hear girls on the trains calling each other "son".”
…..add to that dude and yo.
2. “Dude on the same train was wearing pink Timberlands talking on a pink cell phone.”
……we can thank Kanye and all the other metros for that.
3. “Nowadays there are gangs of fat kids. I ask my kids how gym is and they always seem to say "we didn't have gym today. We have gym on Thursdays."
…..add to that all the unhealthy growth hormones being injected into animals and even fruits and veggies to make them bigger and as you so eloquently pointed out the unbelievale amount of time spent sitting during school hours, sitting in front of the computer/video games, and more sitting in front of the idiot box bka TV.

Also: "You know you'll never be elected President at the rate you're going. I had such high hopes for you." Then just walk away shaking your head. Let it sink in a little.” and I can't tell you how pissed I was for wasting valuable minutes of my life that I'll never get back on that putrid swill. When the show goes off the logo shows it was produced by "Mindless Entertainment". Who says there's no truth in advertising? 911 ain't the only joke these days homey.
******lmbao……solid gold*****

10:24 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

By the way, what did you think about the Sopranos last night? I enjoyed it but it was kind of all over the place, not really focused the way I would have liked it to be...but best believe I will be tuned in or I will have TiVo set to record EVERY episode.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Supa said...

I enjoyed really this post, Gobbledygood Mr.

Puh! That Flavor of Love shyt was a JOKE! But I still watched, though.

And Sopranos, yo. Yeah!!

BTW - (do u have a cyberstalker??)

11:39 AM  
Blogger Jameil said...

omg can i tell you how much i hate pink athletic wear??? there ain't nothin sexy about a man in pink sneakers.

taft was a fat president. ha! tell your kids they'll never be president at that rate!! hahahahaha!! i love how you're all for scarring the "future"!!

kids don't play actual bball anymore. they play online or on their xbox 360 now.

flava of love. so disturbing on so many levels!! ugh. you know hoopz was kickin herself on the inside for winnin. she was like "damn i shoulda known he would pick me over NY. ew!!!!!! do i have to make appearances w/this fool?"

6:17 AM  
Blogger Paula D. said...

Yep, I'm with you on those pink timbaland's...WTH?

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home